Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Question of the day ??

Hello there fellow bloggers. I've decided to try something new on my blog. It's called the "Question of the day ??". These questions will range from the insignificant (so that we can have a little fun) to the theological or practical issues of our church and society (so that we can learn from each other). All I ask is that we keep it clean, honest and non-judgmental. And, of course, that you respond.


What book or books have been most influential in creating who you are today?

4 Comments:

At 10/4/05, 8:37 AM, Blogger Greg Hazelrig said...

The Bible is the obvious answer to this question because it's where I found Christ.

After that, I would say that Mere Christianity has been by far the greatest theolgical influence on me. And then, as bad as I hate to say it, having to read and outline 50 of Wesley's sermons in Albert Outler's edition of the sermons taught me the most about Wesleyan theology. And I consider myself to be very Wesleyan.

 
At 10/4/05, 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would ditto Mere Christianity. It's tough to limit it to one book. My early ministry was (and in some ways continues to be) influenced by the Experiencing God bible study by Henry Blackaby. (I was Baptist when I first read it, just entering into the ministry).

 
At 10/4/05, 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am reading Every Woman's Battle by Shannon Etheridge...It has helped so much with some issues that aren't easy for some women to discuss because they feel they are alone.

 
At 10/5/05, 4:01 PM, Blogger John said...

The Bible, Watership Down, and Anthem.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home