Monday, July 18, 2005

General Welcome

Hello to whomever has gotten lost and wound up on this blog of mine. My name is Greg Hazelrig and I am the pastor of Avon United Methodist Church and Glen Allan United Methodist Church. In our denomination, if you're really good they give you two churches.

Well, actually, that's not quite true. We have so many smaller churches in Mississippi that most of the churches are on a charge. My charge is called the Avon/Glen Allan charge and they've been stuck with me for two years now. The combined average attendance is about 110-115 weekly. And these are some good folks too. I live in the delta of Mississippi and the land is flat as a pancake. I have to drive to the levee by the Mississippi River to see an actual hill. Most of my parishoners are farmers. So I figured I'd get all sorts of produce and stuff. But when harvesting time comes around, not too many people offer me any of the harvested crops. I guess they think I don't need any cotton or soybeans. That's ok. I wouldn't know how to cook them anyway.

Well, enough rambling. My plans are to have a Thought of the Day !! post each Monday through Friday. These are the same that I send by email. So if any would like to join the email list, just send me a request at brogreg30@bellsouth.net. These will consist of a scripture verse and most the time some of my own comments.

I also plan to add other items of interest as time allows. Some may be sermon topics or news issues. Please feel free to comment on them, but please...keep it clean and non-judgmental. Differing opinions are welcome, but remember, we're all God's children.

And finally, my passion outside of faith and family is baseball (especially Atlanta Braves). So if anyone would like to discuss this issue, just email and I will see what we can do. Play Ball!!

Well that's it for now. I'm gonna go get ready for the most important thing on TV nowadays. Atlanta vs. San Francisco.

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home