Friday, August 26, 2005

Thought of the Day !!

"If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over."
Matthew 18:15


Many people will hold everything in. And so when a brother or sister sins against them, they pack it in until finally the stress leads to something unhealthy...either inwardly or outwardly.

Other people will let out their aggressions when they've been sinned against by complaining to anyone who will listen. They continue to let it out so that they don't explode, but to the wrong people. And so they wind up not feeling any better either because they've not actually been healed.

Jesus said that if someone sins against us, that we should confront the person. This is the only true way of healing ourselves. The person may not have known they sinned against you. A bond could be formed. And if not, at least you can start a healthy healing process knowing that you've done what Christ would want you to do.

This is not always easy. And the other person may not always listen. But nobody ever said that doing what is right is easy. May God bless you as you do His will.

In the love of Christ,
greg

2 Comments:

At 8/26/05, 7:47 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Amen BroGreg Good advice. That happened to me once in a work situation. I felt someone had crossed me and I talked about her. She came, got my hand, and made me go into an empty room with her. She made me tell her what I thought she had done, then she explained why she had done it. She became my best friend.

 
At 8/26/05, 9:04 AM, Blogger Greg Hazelrig said...

Amen. What a wonderful testimony.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home