Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Thought of the Day !!

Here is a thought from BibleLeague.org. I thought that they nailed it with this devotion so I figured I would pass it along today. May WE all take these words very seriously, especially in these days preceding our Easter celebration.


Amos 5:23 -- [God says,] "Away with your hymns of praise! They are only noise to my ears. I will not listen to your music, no matter how lovely it is. Instead, I want to see a mighty flood of justice, a river of righteous living that will never run dry." (NLT)

You may spend time trying to get your songs and prayers to sound right, but God will not accept your praise if your life isn't righteous and just. Spend time with Him; confess your sins; keep Him first. Then your praise will sound right, because it will be right. How does hypocrisy in your life affect other people?


In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home