Thursday, June 14, 2007

Thought of the Day !!


Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens,
your faithfulness to the skies.
Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains,
your justice like the great deep.
O LORD, you preserve both man and beast.
How priceless is your unfailing love!
Psalm 35:5-7a (NIV)


This scripture has been on my heart for about a week now. As I've fought some spiritual battles within me, it's truly spoken to me. We all struggle with the devil (sometimes successfully defeating and sometimes failing). To know that God is still there, that He still loves us and is faithful to be with us no matter what we're going through can bring about comfort.

God loves you and me so much that this love reaches to the heavens. This is farther than anyone can ever imagine. And I don't know about you, but I need to know that sometimes.

Thankfully, God shows us His love in so many wondrous ways. It can come through a servant of the Lord being kind to us. It can come through a feeling He places in our hearts. It can come through the assurance He gives us or the excitement that we can derive from worshiping Him.

God's love is priceless. If I had all the money in the world and then added all the gold and silver and jewels, I could not purchase it. It's simply priceless. He puts no price on it. But even though I can never purchase it or do anything to earn it, my God has decided to freely give it to me. Oh how He loves you and me.

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home