Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Thought of the Day !!

Pure and lasting religion in the sight of God our Father means that we must care for orphans and widows in their troubles, and refuse to let the world corrupt us.
James 1:27 (NLT)


We live in a world of "me, me, me". But we must shake off that attitude for something better. As we think about others, we honor God and will receive our own blessings in the ways that our Father decides to shower them on us.

In the love of Christ,
greg

P.S. I will be out of town from this afternoon on to Saturday. Please keep me in your prayers as I will be working on my own spiritual renewal along with planning upcoming sermon series for the next several months. For this reason there will be no devotions for the rest of the week. May God bless each of you in the coming days with the blessings that He wants to shower upon you.

3 Comments:

At 1/23/08, 8:40 AM, Blogger DannyG said...

I often use this verse when I talk about Hope House, the women's shelter which (J) and I are on the board of. The real tragedy is that these women and children are left without husbands and fathers not thru death, but because of violence.

Safe journey, my friend, and I hope that your spititual development program goes well.

 
At 1/23/08, 2:25 PM, Blogger doodlebugmom said...

safe travels

 
At 1/28/08, 7:45 AM, Blogger Greg Hazelrig said...

Thanks. I had a wonderful and refreshing time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home