Monday, March 17, 2008

Thought of the Day !!

O God, you are my God,
earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you,
my body longs for you,
in a dry and weary land
where there is no water.
Psalm 63:1 (NIV)


I attended a revival last night where the preacher used this verse to illustrate how desperate we should be for God. Is your soul thirsting for Jesus continually? Are you receiving enough of Him?

I wonder how many of us are desperate enough today, that we're willing to do whatever it takes to be filled with Jesus, the Living Water? Often times we go to church hungry...and leave the same way because we didn't open up and take a deep drink (bite). We go up to receive Holy Communion, but take a small taste of the wine/juice and a nibble of the bread. And it just isn't enough.

What is it that's keeping you from going all out for Jesus today? What's holding you back from receiving all that the Holy Spirit has in store for you?

If we're truly desperate for God, then we'll do anything to receive what He wants us to have. Today, think about what you're more desperate for, God...or the world.

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home