Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Thought of the Day !!

I was listening to the song “Old Friend” by the OC Supertones this morning and the words stuck out in my head and stayed with me.

What do I know?
Somebody tell me
I’ve been running from you for so long
Please help me, Lord
Find my direction
I just can’t do it on my own

Chorus
You lift me up
You rescue me
It’s good to be with you old friend
You lift me up
You rescue me
It’s good to be with you old friend

Sometimes I think
How can you love me?
My thoughts are so far from your own
Why choose me, Lord?
I’m a poor reflection.
Why use me to make your self known?


The words that seem to always catch my attention when I hear this song are from the last part where it asks how God could love me, seeing as though my thoughts are so far from His own. Why in the world would God choose me, a very poor reflection to make Himself known?

What I must realize is that by myself I am a poor reflection. But everyday that I wake up and choose my God, He then robes me with His robe of righteousness. The simple act of choosing Him makes me all the reflection that God is looking for. I may mess up from time to time. But even in my mistakes, God's grace can be seen. So as long as I'm choosing God, I'm reflecting Christ, who also chose the Father.

Each day we choose how good or poor a reflection we will be. Will we begin our days clothing ourselves with Christ, so that we can start out on the right foot?

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home