Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Thought of the Day !!

For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.
Philippians 1:21 (NIV)


I don't know about you, but as I read this, I hear someone who's excited about living for Christ. I wish we'd all make this our own motto. But the truth is, I find that many people get more excited over worldly things than they do living for Christ. A winning season may seem more exciting than a big crowd at church. An upcoming vacation may seem more exciting than an opportunity for ministry. Talking about a new car may seem more exciting than sharing words of encouragement to a shut-in. Playing on the computer may seem more exciting than reading the Bible. Going home and eating lunch may seem more exciting than going down to the altar to pray at the end of the church service.

I know how it feels to get excited when my team wins. I also know how much time I spend thinking about, planning and talking about vacations. There's nothing wrong with these things. But there's nothing that compares with the greatness of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and knowing you're doing His work here on earth. When you know you've made a difference in someones life and feel the awesome power of the Holy Spirit, you just can't help but get excited.

Let's all try to get a little more excited about Jesus in our lives. I feel like if we do, then He'll be more excited about us.

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home