Friday, September 11, 2009

Thought of the Day !!

Eight years ago today I was in seminary. We always took a break in the middle of our three hour classes. During the break I went to the lounge and saw that everyone was quiet and staring at the television. As I got closer I learned why. The first tower had just been hit, and my classmates were all in shock at seeing such a horrible sight.

You might very well have heard the Alan Jackson song "Where Were You When the World Stopped Turning." I will post a link to a YouTube sight for you to hear it. Every time I do, I remember vividly that September morning. I remember my first thoughts were simply, "O my gosh". I remember calling my wife and calling my mother. I just had to speak to loved ones to make sure they were okay. I had to reach out to my congregation too. I called the Baptist pastor from across the street and invited him to take part in a prayer vigil that night.

Today, think about where you were and what you felt that day. Pray for those who lost loved ones. Pray for our country and pray for peace. And then thank God for those you have close to you.

In the love of Christ,
greg

In memory of those who died 9/11/01

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lusvtAWOPqc&feature=fvw

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home