Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Thought of the Day !!

I've been listening to this song "I'm Alive" by Kenny Chesney and Dave Matthews. It begins with these words:

So [darn] easy to say that life's so hard
Everybody's got their share of battle scars
As for me I'd like to thank my lucky stars that
I'm alive and well

It'd be easy to add up all the pain
And all the dreams you've sat and watch go up in flames
Dwell on the wreckage as it smolders in the rain
But not me... I'm alive



Today I could focus on how cold it is outside. Or I could think about how warm it is inside where I'll be. Many folks will have to brave the cold today as they work outside.

I could focus on how my wife and I have been sick and how my nose is running right now. Or I could thank my lucky stars for as good of health as I've had all my life. Many children are born with illnesses that they never recover from.

I could focus on what I don't have. Or I could give God thanks for what I do. For I know many who have far less.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that attitude is key in our lives. If we have a poor attitude about things, then our lives and those around us will be miserable. If we have a good attitude, then joy will follow. Instead of saying "Life's so hard" this morning (in so many words), how about saying, "Thank God...I'm alive"?

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home