Friday, July 09, 2010

Thought of the Day !!

[Jesus says,] "So I tell you, don't worry about everyday life -- whether you have enough food, drink, and clothes. Doesn't life consist of more than food and clothing? Look at the birds. They don't need to plant or harvest or put food in barns because your heavenly Father feeds them. And you are far more valuable to him than they are."
Matthew 6:25-26 (NLT)


Wouldn't it be great to be able to come to a point in our lives where nothing worried us? I know I'm not there. I worry myself silly sometimes. I think I get it from my grandmother. She always worried; not about money or clothes or food to eat. She worried about me. She was always asking if I'd been eating or if I had enough money. And of course then she'd hand me some money to make sure I had enough cash for gas.

Yeah, my grandmother did what a lot of good grandparents and parents do. She worried about me. And today I worry. I don't worry about about money or food or drink or clothes. Life really does consist of more than those things. I worry about making good decisions. I worry about missing a possible ministry opportunity. I worry about Michelle when she drives four hours home.

So I guess what I'm saying is that it's hard not to worry. But I think Jesus was more concerned with us having an understanding that God takes care of us. He loves us so much that He provides plenty in this world for all to be fed and clothed.

We may never completely quit worrying about everything. But the simple understanding that God is in ultimate control and that He will provide for those who love Him and submit to His ways should keep us from worrying ourselves to death. And without that worry, we can be better stewards of the gifts that He gives us.

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home