Friday, March 04, 2011

Thought of the Day !!

But then I recall all you have done, O LORD; I remember your wonderful deeds of long ago. They are constantly in my thoughts. I cannot stop thinking about your mighty works.
Psalm 77:11-12 (NLT)


Today I sat on my back porch sipping my coffee and reading these words, and my mind wandered to the great things that God had done throughout the history of the world. Even if they could be remembered, they could not be all thought about in a lifetime. God created the world and everything in it and saw that it was good. Sin came into the world and corrupted it. But even then God gave us a way out of our sin through His Son Jesus.

We can also look to nature and see God's great love poured out in the detail of the mightiest majestic mountain and smallest part of DNA that makes up you and me. Then think about each pleasant thought you've ever had, the things you were able to accomplish, the things you've created. Every single thing about us is here because God made it.

Do you see what I mean about taking more than a lifetime to think about everything God has done?

Today, don't try and wrap your head around every little deed God has done, but think about one great thing that shows His love for you. And give thanks. Praise Him for all He's done for you and will do for you in this life and the next.

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home