Monday, June 20, 2011

Thought of the Day !!

Give me your eyes for just one second
Give me your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give me your love for humanity
Give me your arms for the brokenhearted
The ones that are far beyond my reach
Give me your heart for the once forgotten
Give me your eyes so I can see.


This is the chorus to the Brandon Heath song "Give me your eyes so I can see". The reason I fell in love with this song is that it reminds me of how we so often go through life being tunnel visioned. It's impossible to not see things through our our imperfect lenses. The Apostle Paul taught us that "Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face". (1 Cor. 13:12 NIV) But it doesn't mean we can't ask God to give us His eyes, which are perfect.

Wouldn't it be great if we could see things as God sees them? How might this world be if we were not consumed with prejudices and worldly teachings that made us see through cloudy lenses? What if we saw each other as children of God instead of by the path they've chosen or the color of their skin or the circumstances in which they live?

I guess if we all saw with God's eyes, this place would be more like Heaven. And isn't that what we ask for when we pray "Thy will be done, thy Kingdom come, on earth as it is in Heaven"?

Today ask God for His eyes. Today look at the world in a fresh new way. Ask God to show you the good in people and to have the love that reaches out to humanity instead of just passing them by. Today may we all be a little more God-like as we see the world in a whole new way.

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home