Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thought of the Day !!

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven."
Matthew 19:14 (ESV)


In my church on Sunday mornings I have a special time set aside for Children's Sermon. We do not have many kids at our church, but at times the little ones can number upwards to ten or twelve. Whether it's two or twelve though, I love to see them come forward. Though I'm not Jesus (by a long shot), I get a sense of how he felt when they would come and sit with him. There is such life in these little ones. Some will crawl around and not understand a word I say. Others will be inquisitive. Others will interrupt me every five seconds with their wisdom that they want to share. And I love every minute of it.

There is such an innocence and unwavering faith with children. They might not understand a lot of theological concepts. But they belief that Jesus loves them. They may not be able to read the Bible. But they've been told that God takes care of them. And the great thing is that when we tell them this, they believe it.

Jesus does not want us to be childish, especially in our behavior. But he does want us to be childlike in our faith and love for Him, "for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven".

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home