Friday, October 21, 2011

Thought of the Day !!

Those who say they live in God should live their lives as Jesus did.
1 John 2:6 (NLT)


I read this verse in another devotion yesterday and was reminded that we are all called to look at the Jesus of the Bible to see how we should live today. Later, I listened to a Casting Crowns song off their new CD. The song is called "Jesus, Friend of Sinners", and it has this line in it; "The world is on its way to find you but it keeps tripping over me."

I wonder how often the world has a hard time finding Jesus because its tripping over me because I'm not living my life as Jesus did? How often do i allow Satan to speak softly in my ear and convince me to do or say something that Jesus never in an eternity would? I call myself a Christian, but how many see something else at times?

Could we all ask these questions? Or is it just me?

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home