Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Thought of the Day !!

[God says,] "Have you comprehended the vast expanses of the earth? Tell me, if you know all this. What is the way to the abode of light? And where does darkness reside? Can you take them to their places?"
                                                                                    Job 38:18-20 (NIV)

Job has asked God, "Why am I suffering?"  How many of us have done the exact same thing?  Or maybe you felt that you were not supposed to ask because that might mean your faith wasn't as strong as you thought? 

It's OK to ask God.  Job did.  And Job, though he suffered for a season, was a blessed man whom God loved.  But what it all boils down to is this.  There are things that we just don't understand.  Just as we don't know the "way to the abode of light" or "where darkness resides", we don't always have a clear cut answer for our sufferings.  The one thing that we can know is that God does know and God does care.  He will see us through the times of suffering.  He saw Job through his, and He'll see us through ours.

I don't know it all and will be the first to admit that.  Something my pastor, John Sudduth, taught me when I went into the ministry was that sometimes the most important three words I can utter will be "I don't know".

But I do know that Christ loves you and so do I.

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home