Monday, July 30, 2012

Thought of the Day !!

But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from every wrong.
                                                                 1 John 1:9 (NLT)

I don't know about you, but I can come up with any number of excuses why I've done some of the things I've done that are contrary to God's wishes for me. They go something like, "I really didn't mean to..." or "It wasn't meant to go that way..." or "I had a right to say..." or "It really wasn't my fault.  I just got caught int he middle" or "It's only human nature to feel that way."


I imagine you could add your own to the list.  But I read somewhere that God doesn't care about excuses.  All He wants is confession and then to forgive. 


When we have sin in our lives we can find ourselves feeling guilty and so it's more difficult for us to face God.  So confess what's wrong in your life and ask for God's help.  He would much rather forgive you than punish you.  That's because our God is a loving God.  


In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home