Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Thought of the Day !!

I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
                                                               Philippians 4:11-13 (NIV)

I have often times heard the last sentence of this passage (and even quoted it).  "I can do everything through him who gives me strength" is used to help others see that with Christ all things are possible. 

But how often have we read the verses that precede this statement?  Paul is saying that because he has Christ, he can be happy whether he is on top of the world or in a ditch.  If we ask and allow Him to, Christ will give us the strength we need to be wealthy and still give much away...to succeed and still be humble...to live with our heads just above water and still not constantly complain about what we don't have...to be laid off or replaced and still be able to love our neighbor...to be displaced by a natural disaster that has demolished everything we had and still love God. 

If we ask, we shall receive.  Ask for strength from Christ, no matter what your place in life, and He will share it with you.

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home