Monday, December 03, 2012

Thought of the Day !!

O God, we give glory to you all day long
     and constantly praise your name.
                               Psalm 44:8 (NLT)

As I sit and think about this passage, I realize just how untrue it can be at times.  I want to strive to give God glory all day long and to constantly praise His name.  But is it glory that I give to Him when I get angry, act selfishly or neglect others' feelings? 

How many of us think more about "us" in a day than we do about God (whom we're supposed to love more than anything) and others (whom we're supposed to love at least as well as ourselves)?

My God wants more from me.  He loves me and just wants to see me succeed.  And when I fail, He lifts me up.  No matter how selfish I seem or even superficial I can feel, He is there waiting for me to bring glory to Him simply by coming to Him for help.  He's the ultimate Parent that never leaves our side, who cheers us on like a dad at a kid's soccer game and a cares tenderly for us like a mom after we've scraped our knee.  If anyone deserves my praise today, it's Him. 

"Lord, I love you.  Thank you."  This is my prayer today.  I hope it will be yours as well.


In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home