Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Thought of the Day !!

Today is my first day back from vacation.  It was a wonderful trip to the beach and a much needed getaway.  During this time I felt relaxed and enjoyed God's creation as I sat in the water and played in the waves.  As I look back, it was exactly what my wife and I needed.  We are both better off for going and had an awesome experience.

There is a reason I tell you all this.  I realized this past week that my vacation experience is much like our Christian journey.  There are awesome experiences with God.  His Spirit will wash over us like the waves of the ocean, sometimes even knocking us down and bringing joy in the process.  Much like the sun changed the color of my skin, His Son changes us too.  But this is a change on the inside.  And finally, just like the rest that I received, His rest is given to those with heavy burdens.

Now was this past week perfect?  Absolutely not.  Both Michelle and I got blistered.  We wound up going to a place to eat and hang out that we assumed was family friendly that turned out to be nothing more than a smoky bar.  We wasted money on things that will never be used again like sandals that hurt my feet or sunglasses that may at this moment still be floating around in the ocean.  Lastly, those pounds added will be forever getting back off and my doctor will surely not be pleased with my blood sugar next visit.

Just like the ups and downs on our vacation, there will be hills and valleys on our Christian walk.  But all of it will work for good as Christ draws us closer to Him.  And all of it will make us the kind of people God wants us to be if we will allow it.  For as I look back at my vacation, and my Christian walk, the most important thing is that today I'm a better person for taking them both. 

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home