Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Thought of the Day !!

Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.
                              
                                   Psalm 139:7-10 (NIV)

Has anybody ever left you?  Have you had a boyfriend, girlfriend or spouse ever give up on you?  As a child, did you ever have a parent forget you at someone's house or any other place?  Have you ever fought with a friend and part ways (even if only for a short time)?

The thing about God is that no matter what happens, He'll always be right there.  We can't go far enough to get away from the love He has for us.  In Psalm 36 the Psalmist tells us that God's love "reaches to the heavens".  It is so great and so deep that we can never make Him fall out of love with us. 

I know that God is with me when I mess up and sin.  This brings me a guilty conscience often times.  But He's there because He loves me and won't leave me.  And this brings me comfort and joy. 

How about you?  Can you feel God's presence with you today?  Do you feel that you've let Him down lately?  Have you gotten numb to Him because things are going pretty well and you haven't had a need to call out to Him? 

No matter how you feel or what you sense, He's there.  Call out to Him.  Beg Him to make Himself known to you.  And then seek for the signs of His love.  They can be found in the beauty of His creation, the ways He cares for you or others, and many other ways.  Seek them and you will find them.  And may you be blessed in the seeking of God today.

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home