Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Thought of the Day !!

Dear brothers and sisters, I urge you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to join in my struggle by praying to God for me.  Do this because of your love for me, given to you by the Holy Spirit.
                                                                    Romans 15:30 (NLT)


Just like Paul, I am always appreciative of your prayers.  But Paul is asking for his readers to join in his "struggle" by praying for him.  Ministry is the most awesome thing I can think of to do for a living.  I love my calling because it's a special privilege that God has given me.  But it's also a daily struggle, whether it be putting our fires, fending off the devil, battling complacency or striving for something better for those I minister to. 

Join the struggle today for those in ministry at your churches, in your neighborhoods and wherever God's people are called to go.  Pray for strength against temptation and peace of mind in carrying out God's will.  Pray for me.  Pray for your own pastor if this person is someone other than myself.  Pray for those missionaries overseas and the mission trips that minister both in our own country and abroad.  Pray for your own ministry wherever it might be.  Join the struggle by fighting the spiritual forces of evil with God's Word and by joining the Holy Spirit in prayer.  And may God bless you in the battle.

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home