Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Thought of the Day !!

Keep me safe, O God, for in you I take refuge. I said to the LORD, "You are my Lord. Apart from you I have no good thing."
                              
                                                                        Psalm 16:1-2 (NIV)

Apart from God, we would have nothing.  Think about it.  If you create something, God gave you the imagination and talents to be used.  If you learn something, God gave you a brain to store intelligience.  If you do anything, God gave you the body, the mind and the power.

I once used an illustration in a sermon about some scientists that believed that they had gotten so smart that they didn't need God anymore.  God decided to have a little competition with them.  He told them that He'd created man from dust, and since they were becoming so advanced in cloning and other such things, He would simply leave them alone if they could create a new human being from scratch like He did.  They got together and discussed it and believed that they had the power to do just that.  So they agreed.  They went out to gather the dust of the earth, and God spoke down to them saying, "Hey, make your own dust.  That's mine."

I wonder how many times a day I take for granted what's around me.  Apart from God, I have NOTHING.

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home