Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Thought of the Day !!

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
                          Isaiah 41:10 (NIV)


Fear is a strong motivator.  People who are afraid will do things they might otherwise not ever think of.  If someone has a gun to his or her head, the fear of being shot could cause them to do whatever the person holding the gun says to do.  Fear of a burning building might cause someone to jump out of a 4-story window.  The devil knows all about fear and will use it to sidetrack us…to get us off course and to simply make our lives miserable.

The key to fighting fear is to ask for God's assurance and find our strength in Him.  In Isaiah we learn not to fear, for God is with us.  And He is, through the power of the Holy Spirit.

King David knew this to be true.  So true that he wrote in the Psalms that "(God) alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken." (Psalm 62:6 – NIV).  He knew that God was the key to getting past our fears.  As the Bible says, if God is with us, who can be against us?

So as we strive to live our lives out in victory and in joy, we can conquer the fears that will detour us from living the way we should by bringing them to God and spending time studying God's Word.

May you be like King David, who even though he had enemies constantly trying to kill him, found strength and peace in the Lord.

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home