Thursday, January 16, 2014

Thought of the Day !!

If you love me, you will keep my commandments.
                                       John 14:15 (ESV)


Growing up I loved my mom and dad (this hasn't changed since becoming an adult).  One of the ways I showed this was by my obedience to them.  Did I always obey?  Just ask them and you'll get a definitive "NO".  But for the most part I wanted to make them proud.  The problem was that I struggled between my desire to do their will and my own will that at times went against theirs.

It's the same way with Jesus.  He is supposed to be Lord of our lives if we call ourselves Christians.  Will we ever disobey (sin)?  Yes.  That comes because we're still struggling with our sinful nature.  But if we truly love Jesus, we will have the desire to make him proud, which means we will want to obey him. 

So if we love Jesus, we will keep his commandments.  We will strive to obey and do the best we can to be the people he wants us to be.  And the result will be the same as when I obeyed my mom and dad.  We will be better off for it because he knows best.

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home