Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Thought of the Day !!

Do not be like the horse or the mule,
which have no understanding
but must be controlled by bit and bridle
or they will not come to you.  

Many are the woes of the wicked,
but the LORD's unfailing love
surrounds the man who trusts in him.  

Rejoice in the LORD and be glad, you righteous;
sing, all you who are upright in heart!                                  
                                 Psalm 32:9-11 (NIV)

First of all, we're told to not be like those who have no understanding.  Our understanding of God's ways, His will for our lives and His plan of salvation for us can be found through reading our Bibles and praying to Him.

Secondly, David makes it clear that the wicked have many problems.  Sometimes it may seem as though the worst people are the ones with all the luck or all the stuff.  But what they don't have are the things that only God can give.  Peace...Assurance...True Joy...Eternal Life.

Lastly, we find in verse 11 that we should rejoice.  Now I don't feel like rejoicing all the time.  Sometimes I get down.  But even in my worst moments I can always know that God is with me and that He is not going to let anything come my way that will completely sink me.  And that is something to rejoice about.

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home