Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Thought of the Day !!

Oh, how my soul praises the Lord.  How my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. - Mary - Luke 1:46

And David danced before the LORD with all his might.... - David - 2 Samuel 6:14

As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord. - Joshua - Joshua 24:15

Like newborn babies, you must crave pure spiritual milk so that you will grow into a full experience of salvation. - Peter - 1 Peter2:2

But when Daniel had learned that the law had been signed, (to pray only the King) he went home and knelt down as usual in his upstairs room, with its windows open toward Jerusalem.  He prayed three times a day, just as he had always done, giving thanks to his God. - Daniel - Daniel 6:10

Whatever happens, my dear brothers and sisters, rejoice in the Lord.  I never get tired of telling you these things.... Paul - Philippians 3:1


My favorite hymn is "O How I Love Jesus".  When I sing it I just can't help but smile because I really do love God as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.  

The scriptures above are but a few that show the pure obsession that I desire to have for God.  These are some of our biblical heroes whom we can learn a thing or two about obsession. You see, they were "God-addicts".  An addict, be it a drug addict, sex addict, alcoholic, etc. lives for the next fix that comes with their obsession.  They need it.  They feel that they cannot live without it.  Their lives go to pieces when they don't have it.

I believe that's exactly how these biblical heroes felt about God.  They needed Him.  They could not see themselves living without Him.  They always desired their next "fix" of Him.  

I want to be a God-addict too.  What about you?

In the love of Christ,
greg 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home