Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Thought of the Day !!

He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being taught.
                                     Isaiah 50:4 (NIV)

I don't know about you, but I have a difficult time waking up most mornings.  The alarm goes off and there's a great temptation to hit the snooze button.  Anybody else with me on this?

Whether we bounce out of bed or need that first cup of coffee to wake us up, God has been up waiting for us.  He helps unscatter that brain of mine as we together wipe the sleep from my eyes.  He's calling to me even before my eyes are open, telling me that this is His day and that He has a purpose for me being awake (even though I may not feel awake yet).

If we would train ourselves to awake with our Father in Heaven in mind, we might just awake in a better mood, more easily get a grasp on the day, and even learn something in the process.  One way to do this may be to go to bed with Him on our minds.  Reading a single verse of Scripture before nodding off could help.  Another possible idea is to place your bible in a place where it would have to be moved for you to get ready.  This way you will see it each morning...even those mornings your eyes are barely open.  

The next step of waking up with God would be the same as anyone else you see in the morning.  Simply tell Him good morning.  For some of us, that's all we might be able to get out.  For others, talking to Him while getting ready could ensue.  And before you know it, you've made it a habit of waking up with God.  I think it'd make our Father happy to at least be acknowledged first thing in the morning.  Who knows what all He might start doing with us if we'd just make that a habit.

In the love of Christ,

greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home