Tuesday, December 08, 2015

Thought of the Day !!

"Stand up and praise the LORD your God, who is from everlasting to everlasting. Blessed be your glorious name, and may it be exalted above all blessing and praise." – Nehemiah 9:5 (NIV)

I remember Vacation Bible School in my childhood days.  We would sing songs about Jesus at the top of our lungs.  I also remember being a volunteer youth worker in my home church and traveling with the youth to a conference in Knoxville.  I remember the songs about Jesus that were being sung with such exuberance.  

There was excitement and passion within the voices and the hearts of those VBS kids and youth in Knoxville.  I assume that this is part of the reason that Jesus was adamant about us becoming like the children if we desired to enter the kingdom.  

Our scripture today tells us to "Stand up and praise the LORD...."  When was the last time your enthusiasm brought you to your feet praising God?  Let us all remember the faith of the little child that doesn't stop him or her from getting excited and praising God with true passion and joy.  

In the love of Christ,

greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home