Monday, December 12, 2005

Thought of the Day !!

Mary responded, "I am the Lord's servant, and I am willing to accept whatever he wants. May everything you have said come true." And then the angel left.
Luke 1:38 (NLT)


Wow, what an attitude. I know that in my life there's been times where I felt like I should do this or that, or that God was pushing me into some situation that I didn't want to be in. I only hope that I've accepted the call more times than not.

Mary's response is one of a true servant. This is what God wants from us all. He's willing to care for us and see us through any ordeal. But He also wants us to serve Him instead of ourselves. And He gives us several opportunities to do just that. When these opportunities come around, He's not testing to see how well we will do, for He knows what we're capable of. Instead He's seeing if we'll make our selves available for Him to use.

May we all have a servant's heart like Mary. May we all follow wherever God desires to lead us.

In the love of Christ,
greg

2 Comments:

At 12/12/05, 9:55 PM, Blogger Greg Hazelrig said...

I didn't think your answer was lame. Actually, you were the only one to answer at all.

My sermon title last week was "The Perfect Gift for God". I used Mark 1:1-8 and 14-15 where John the Baptist preaches a baptism of repentance and where Jesus tells us to repent and believe the good news.

So my answer to the perfect gift to God is repentance.

 
At 12/12/05, 9:59 PM, Blogger Greg Hazelrig said...

Danny, something I didn't speak to though, was how it can sometimes be hard to know what God is calling us to do. Maybe I'll get to that in another post some other time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home