Saturday, January 21, 2006

Question of the day ?? (Saturday Edition - coming out of a post by Grace)

Grace over at Quotidan Grace started a post about Joel Osteen and how the website seems to be all about him. This led to me thinking about the book "The Purpose Driven Life". In the beginning it states "It's not about you."

Long story short, I got to thinking about the popularity of Warren's books "Purpose Driven Life" and "Purpose Driven Church". Personally, I like the concept, but am not on board with the whole of the PDL book theologically. But it sold millions. Henceforth the sequel.

So my question, living in a day of profit-making and sequals to anything that will sell, is this?

What's the next sequal gonna be?

How about Purpose driven Universe - We can go where no one else has gone before theologically.

How about Purpose driven pets - We can teach our cats and dogs how to get to heaven.

How about Purpose driven....

3 Comments:

At 1/21/06, 10:34 AM, Blogger Jody Harrington said...

How about the Purpose-Driven Kitchen? Then they could market purpose-driven cookbooks, pots and pans, gadgets etc!

 
At 1/21/06, 11:27 AM, Blogger Beth Quick said...

Your post makes me laugh - because of how possible it is that we'd get a sequel like suggested. I'm for purpose-driven pets, personally. My cats could use some motivation.

 
At 1/21/06, 1:58 PM, Blogger Apostle John said...

In keeping with the term "Post Modern", which I hate -- I suggest "Post Purpose Living."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home