Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Looks Like We Made It......

I'd like to thank the academy and the BOM and of course...all the little people that made this ordination possible.

All I have to do now is get my robe dry cleaned and wait till June 13. It took 7 years, but it's truly been worth it. Many folks talk about all the hoops that we have to jump through. But as for me, I don't mind. I think that it shouldn't just be a piece of cake. And the RIM groups I've had to be part of have each helped me in some way. Not only that, but the RIM groups and RIM seminars were all mini vacations where I got to visit with friends. It wasn't like I had to turn in papers for these things.

Now the questions were kind of tough. The Bible Study and being taped during worship and critiqued weren't the funnest things. And of course the interview was nerve racking for me. But just as Jesus never said being a Christian would be easy, he never said being called would be either. I seem to remember some scripture about taking up crosses.

I should also mention that my buddy Andy Stoddard made it too. He's much to modest to admit it, but he's the smartest person I know. And that's saying a lot seeing how I know at least a dozen folks. :) Anyway, I knew he would have no problem.

So everyone's invited to Christ UMC in Jackson on June 13th for the ordination service. And if you can't make it, I do take personal checks. :)

5 Comments:

At 3/22/06, 9:22 PM, Blogger Jody Harrington said...

Wonderful. The UMC is lucky to have you.

 
At 3/22/06, 11:02 PM, Blogger Beth Quick said...

yay! congrats!

 
At 3/23/06, 7:22 AM, Blogger Greg Hazelrig said...

"Thank you, Thank you, Thank you very much"

 
At 3/23/06, 4:46 PM, Blogger methodist monk said...

Congrats, my interview is next Monday so I hope to have news soon too!

 
At 3/27/06, 3:12 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Oh man! I really need to get out and read more often. Congrats!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home