Thursday, April 20, 2006

Thought of the Day !!

Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way.
Romans 14:13


Who might you have judged lately? Could it be that they or someone else is looking at you with judgment? Most people I see judging others are not doing it to help them, but are doing it to condemn them. Isn't that the job of a higher authority? So when we do this, could it be that we are thinking better of ourselves and therefore will be judged ourselves by God for our pride? I believe so.

In the love of Christ,
greg

* There will be no "Thought of the Day !!" tomorrow. I will be out of town.

3 Comments:

At 4/20/06, 10:12 PM, Blogger Questing Parson said...

Someone recently said in a discussion: Only God can define sin. Therefore only God can judge what is sin. So when you judge someone as a sinner you are assuming the authority of God.

Good post.

 
At 4/22/06, 11:47 PM, Blogger Jonathon said...

THANKS GREG. I just pulled my foot out of my mouth and realized that i had not thanked you for that post today. :)

jonathon

 
At 4/23/06, 5:36 PM, Blogger Greg Hazelrig said...

You're very welcome. I hope that I can remember my own advice daily.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home