Friday, August 25, 2006

Thought of the Day !!

Today's "Thought of the Day !!" comes from a friend of mine serving West Laurel UMC. I've spoken of him before and shared his words of wisdom before. I really liked what he said the other day and decided to share it with you as today's thought. God bless. And thanks Roy.

In the love of Christ,
greg


Grace and peace,

Ever have one of those days when nothing seems to go right and you shouldn't get out of bed? When the whole world seems to fall apart? When you encounter problem after problem?

We all do.

Yet, knowing that you do doesn't make me feel any better. What would?

I have to reach down inside and discover the faith that God gives me to believe that this is a day that the Lord has made and that I can rejoice and be glad in it. Faith is that gumption, that motivation, that desire, that pull that makes me throw one foot out of the bed and then the other knowing that I need to get up regardless how I feel.

Faith is the ability to rejoice in the midst of a house that is destroyed by a storm, to find comfort when someone we love passes away, to stand strong with love in the midst of controversy, to continue going down the road when the road behind is filled with broken dreams and potholes.

The writer of Hebrews calls it the evidence of things we do not see. We do not see all or know all, yet we must continue on our journey. Faith in God's promise to be with us, to never leave us nor forsake us, and to be our very present help in time of difficulty allows us to rejoice as the new day begins.

May the love of God, the grace of Jesus Christ, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you now and forever.



Roy W. Pearson, Pastor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home