Monday, August 21, 2006

Thought of the Day !!

Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other.
Romans 12:10 (NLT)


The key to loving each other with genuine affection and delighting in the honor of others is to have Jesus in our hearts. When we ask Jesus into our hearts, we ask him to abide, or dwell in us, making us more like him daily. And when we become more like Christ, we will genuinely love and honor others.

If you find more joy in honoring yourself than others, you might want to ask yourself if you've really given your heart to Jesus.

In the love of Christ,
greg

2 Comments:

At 8/21/06, 9:26 AM, Blogger Jason Woolever said...

I wrestle with this all the time. I'm better at honoring others than I used to be, but I'm still very concerned much with myself. In his sermon Satan's Devices, Wesley talks about how Satan tells us because we have so far yet to go, we must not be saved. Wesley says at that moment, we need to remember and be thankful for how very far we've already come. I try to do that! I'm still a self-centered pig!

 
At 8/21/06, 10:25 AM, Blogger Greg Hazelrig said...

Thanks for your honesty jason.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home