Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Thought of the Day !!

But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD.
Genesis 6:8 (NIV)


Go back to when you were little and think about the things you did as a kid to find favor in your parents' eyes. Who didn't run home and show mommy and daddy a picture that they had made in Vacation Bible School or a good mark from a teacher at school? I remember how proud I was when I made All-Stars in Dixie-Youth baseball. But it wouldn't have meant near as much if it were not for my mom in the stands and my dad coaching the team. As little kids we want to make our parents proud.

Now I don't care how old you get, you're still your Heavenly Father's child. He will always look at you and treat you with the same care and compassion that a mother or father treats their child. So if we so desperately want to find favor with our parents here on earth, doesn't it just make sense that we would have that same desire with our Father in Heaven? And the wonderful thing is that He's watching us and paying attention to our accomplishments just as any proud parent would do.

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home