Saturday, August 12, 2006

Book Meme - I've been Tagged !

DannyG has tagged me with a book meme. By the way, Danny, I bet you thought I'd forgotten or would never get around to it. :) Well, here goes:


A book which Changed My life: John. One small part of a bigger book that we call the Bible. The reason I chose this is that I was reading the Gospel of John when I came back to Christ.


A book which I have read more than once: There are not many, so I may be able to name them all. Mere Christianity, In the Name of Jesus (by Henri Nouwen), The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe and Where the Red Fern Grows


What book would I want with me on a Desert Island? A study Bible


A book which makes me Laugh? Dying is No Excuse - a book about funerals in the delta. If you don't think that this is a funny matter, then check out the chapter that illustrates the battle between the Episcopalians and Methodists to outdo each other with the party (meal) following the services.


A book which made me cry? Old Yeller, Where the Red Fern Grows


A book that I wish had been written? Built to Win or MoneyBall - The first is about the Braves organization and the other is about Billy Beane and the Oakland A's organization. Baseball, baby!!!

Or maybe the offical rulebook for Major League baseball...hmmm??


A book that I wish had never been written? Danny had a good answer with Mein Kampf. I think I'll steal his.


A book that I am currently reading? Building an Orchard by Bryan Collier


A book that I have been meaning to read: The Conqueror's trilogy by Timothy Zahn.


We're supposed to tag two others, so I guess I'll tag...hmm...I don't know. I checked out Quotidian Grace's blog to see if she'd been hit yet and liked how she handled it. She said that it was already on so many other's blogs that anyone reading this and hasn't been tagged can consider herself/himself tagged. Have fun, and leave me a comment if you decide to participate.

4 Comments:

At 8/12/06, 11:02 AM, Blogger Rev. C. S. Roberts said...

http://hoosierpastor.blogspot.com/2006/08/conservative-pastor-addresses.html

Greg, thanks for your comments on my blog. You asked who would preach such a thing? Ever heard of Greg Boyd?

 
At 8/12/06, 4:44 PM, Blogger Greg Hazelrig said...

No I haven't.

 
At 8/13/06, 12:32 PM, Blogger gavin richardson said...

"in the name of jesus" is just an excellent read and should be required reading

 
At 8/13/06, 5:57 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Greg,

I listed "Where the Red Fern" grows as my crybaby book, too.

Sorry 'bout your Braves this season, dude. My Yankees are on top, though, in the AL East. I'm sure that makes you feel better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home