Friday, January 05, 2007

Question of the day ?? (Updated 1/4 & 1/5)

Is anybody out there?


I know it's been the holidays and all, but the hits to my blog have gone down considerably over the last little bit. I did take a shower...I promise. But it seems only 2 or 3 like me anymore. OOhh I feel so all alone. What's a man to do?

So if you're out there, just sign in by posting anything...or nothing...just leaving your name.

I'm going on a hunger strike until I get at least 15 comments.

* or until lunchtime...I mean a man's got-a-eat lunch you know - I think I'll make it some good ole pork BBQ in honor of Mark Winter.

But then there will be no eating if I don't get the amount of comments that I've demanded.

by the way - coffee doesn't count against a hunger strike does it? because i've gotten addicted over the holidays and...well, you know...my mother-in-law got me this new coffee maker and I'd hate to...oh well, you get the point. So nothing to eat...except this last bite of bananna nut bread i'm having for breakfast...boy is it good...a neighbor left it...oh never mind. nothing to eat. i'll make lunch a big one.

I'm serious now. I'll do it. Don't make me do it. Post NOW!!!!


*Update - 1/4/07 - day two of the hunger strike

1 - I have 11 of the 15 people to post (Keith posted twice and if it goes on too long I will count him twice... :)

2 - The hunger pains are really not all that bad. It helps that I ate a big supper last night -- now dont judge me Andy - i'm sure your boy Ghandi fudged every now and then...speaking of fudge...hmmm?

3 - I am going to Jackson today (meeting Andy Stoddard actually), but am thinking about the 2nd Annual Bloggy awards night and day...or at least day...or at least part of some of the days...ANYWAY...I will try to get them out tomorrow or this weekend...that is, unless i forget@#?$

1/5 - I'm getting very hungry and very weak. i may not be able to post again i'm so weak. went to jackson yesterday and met with andy and he told me that i looked tired. oh no, if i dont eat soon, i may waste away. you can ask andy how much i ate yesterday. not enough to keep anyone alive. that is if it were all they had all week...but that's another story. ice cream doesnt count against hunger strikes does it? and since andy bought lunch that shouldnt count either i dont think. and when the muslims fast, a professor told me that they can actually eat after dark so that means last night's meal shouldnt count either. oh i'm so so hungry.

by my count i have 12 original posts. only 3 more to go. where are you mark winter?

oh yeah...one more thing...mopsie has been fired!!!!!!!


16 Comments:

At 1/3/07, 8:06 AM, Blogger Vicki said...

Go eat! I'm here! I just read your post, and I'm even leaving a comment.

I noticed that everyone seems to have taken a bit of a break over the past few days, but maybe we'll all be back online very soon.

 
At 1/3/07, 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you hit upon a great idea here. You could call it Greg's Bloggers Diet, next best thing to Atkins.

 
At 1/3/07, 9:12 AM, Blogger doodlebugmom said...

You might get more hits if ya share the BBQ.

 
At 1/3/07, 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't forget the red sauce, cole slaw and beans, and a slice of lemon PIE.

 
At 1/3/07, 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greg,
after all of these years of drinking mountain dew, your switching to coffee. I tried to get you to make the switch in seminary, but you wouldn't do it. Good to know you are now a convert and a real Methodist preacher. Anyway, just wanted to say hey, and I hope you get to eat soon, for Michelle's sake.

 
At 1/3/07, 9:40 AM, Blogger Andy said...

it worked for gandhi, it can work for Bro. Greg!

 
At 1/3/07, 11:39 AM, Blogger Beth Quick said...

Still reading. Awaiting the 2006 Bloggy Awards ballot. I read via bloglines though, so I don't always click through to the actual site!

 
At 1/3/07, 1:57 PM, Blogger Jody Harrington said...

I read through bloglines, too. Delurking to say if you're going to eat BBQ, make sure it's beef!

 
At 1/3/07, 4:12 PM, Blogger TN Rambler said...

jody said:
... if you're going to eat BBQ, make sure it's beef!
Let's not start down this road again. =:0
Besides, everybody knows that the only BBQ ordained by God is pork.
(This ought to get the comments flowing)

 
At 1/3/07, 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne said,

...Besides, everybody knows that the only BBQ ordained by God is pork.

and for those us from the Memphis BBQ camp.... We know that God is on our side!!! LOL.

 
At 1/3/07, 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm reading! :)

 
At 1/4/07, 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm back again. Being a native of Owensboro, KY, which calls itself the "Bar-B-Q Mutton Captial of the World," I have to speak out for slow-cooked, hickory-smoked mutton (that's sheep, to you BBQ innocents). Every May, Owensboro holds the International Bar-B-Q Festival (bbqfest.com) and you can eat your fill of mutton, pork, chicken - all barbequed, of course - as well as Kentucky's original burgoo (yum!). Although I like mutton, I'm partial to pork. If you want BBQ'd beef, go to Texas (where they also serve goat - yuk!).

Have you eaten yet? You've certainly got everyone's attention!

 
At 1/4/07, 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm only doing this so I won't have to listen to Greg whine at work tomorrow and because he might threaten to withhold my paycheck which I dearly deserve for putting up with him. Greg, please eat for everyone's sake - although I haven't noticed you not bending the ol' elbow around here. Please feel free to NOT share your BBQ with this yank from Ohio. Are you really doing this or trying to pump your ego up with more hits on your blog, hmm.... I should hush now so I'm still employed. I am post #14 so all you people who read this beg someone to be #15 SOON.

 
At 1/4/07, 10:16 PM, Blogger doodlebugmom said...

if you count seconds on posts...here ya go!

We don't want you to be cranky

 
At 1/5/07, 4:30 AM, Blogger Brother Marty said...

I get your thought of the day in my email. Doesn't that count for anything?

 
At 1/5/07, 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I give you permission to eat... please.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home