Friday, April 13, 2007

Question of the day ??

How might we attempt to privatize God (or our relationship with God)?


*for example my answer might be:

We do so when we take Him and make Him private to the USA. People can come to believe that they are Christians because they're Americans. Many believe that God is an American God and that if they're good American citizens, then they're good Christians. God is therefore private to Americans and those who conform.

On a personal level, we may privatize God when we won't share our faith with others. "My faith is my business and mine alone. It's nobody else's business."

Join in the conversation and lets see where it goes. You may comment on my answers or come up with your own.

2 Comments:

At 4/13/07, 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I recall JW said, I know religion that isn't social religion.

 
At 4/15/07, 7:30 AM, Blogger Mark said...

In our prayers, if we use personal pronouns more than third person pronouns, we have privatized God.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home