Thursday, June 14, 2007

Chrysalis Walk #80

I worked at a spiritual retreat last weekend. You may be familiar with Emmaus. If so, Chrysalis is the walk for high school students. This particular walk was a girls walk. If any of you girls are reading this, hello and De Colores!

It was a wonderful weekend. I had to cut the weekend short so that I could get back on Sunday to be with my church. It was a special Sunday where I had a young college student preach his first sermon. I tend to believe that it won't be his last. I hope not anyway.

The weekend brought about renewal for me. Well, actually, I was pretty exhausted after the weekend. I haven't been in so much constant prayer in a long time. And I forgot how hard it can be on your knees when you actually kneel down on them so many times. :)

But the girls were great. The team of workers were great too. A few of the girls even let this old man get out and throw the Frisbee around with them. They taught me a new game called "ultimate" that is evidently growing in popularity. Boy, am I out of touch. I asked if next time we could play hacky sack...evidently that might be making a comeback (please, oh please).

When all was said and done, two of the girls gave their lives to Christ this weekend. And I know that others' spiritual lives were strengthened. I would love to say that I was a big part of it. But in actuality it was the consistent prayer, good planning, and most of all, presence of God's Holy Spirit drowning out the devil for 72 hours.

Again, for those who were there, I say have a great life...keep in touch...and that God loves you (and so do I). From Greg Hazelrig at the table of Pam's ABC's Jennie P and the Preacher Freaks. - You had to have been there :)

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home