Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Thought of the Day !!

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Romans 8:28 (TNIV)

Some people find themselves at the end of their ropes and don't realize that there is anything left but to simply hang themselves with what is left. Others try hard to fight through difficulties depending on nothing more than their own prideful efforts. And then there are those who find solace in their Lord and Savior when the chips are down. They feel like even though times are hard, God will make something good come out of their situation.

One such lady that fits this last description is named Patty. She is a dear friend of mine who was in my first church. During my appointment there, she faced some struggles and deserved much more than a first year minister's failing to say just about anything right. But even through those times, God produced some good things for her and that young dumb pastor.

Not too long ago, she was diagnosed with cancer. After that, she lost her husband (one of my closest friends). Obviously, this was devastating. A harder time I doubt she has ever gone through as I hope she never has to again. But as you will see by her testimony below, she knows her Lord has been with her and seen her through. He has even made good things happen out of terrible times. Thank you for you testimony, Patty.


GOD has lifted me and carried me thru THE most difficult emotional times I have ever experienced this past year and that too, was an answer to so many prayers!! You know they say the trials of life can either bring you even more closer to GOD or tear you away, if you let them..... Well.... I can honestly say, my trials have brought me much closer and continue to do so!!! There is a song on one of the Christian music stations ..... I don't know who sings it (cause I never pay attention to that stuff... :) ) but anyway the chorus is "Jesus, bring the rain!! If that is what it takes to PRAISE you....Jesus bring the RAIN!!" (not sure if those are the exact words or not....but you get the idea! AND thru the "rainy days" of my life I have learned to PRAISE HIM from the very depths of my being.......
My prayer for each of you is that you feel these same yearnings to have Jesus in your life....not just IN your life but that JESUS IS YOUR LIFE!!!!

Amen!

In the love of Christ,
greg

1 Comments:

At 9/25/07, 10:04 PM, Blogger Brother Marty said...

What a wonderful testimony! I see myself in this (though I wouldn't want those in the parishes I serve to know it).
Wonderful. Thanks for sharing.
Marty

 

Post a Comment

<< Home