Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Thought of the Day !!

For when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.
James 1:3


Has your faith been tested lately? Did you rejoice? Probably not. But remember that in Romans 5 Paul says that we rejoice in our sufferings because they bring about endurance, which brings about character, which in turn brings about hope (the hope we have in God).

Ok, so maybe we won't always rejoice when we suffer and/or our faith is tested. But bear in mind that in ALL things God works for the good of those who love Him. He allows our faith to be tested to make it stronger. So keep the faith, therefore keeping the hope in God to see you through any testing in your lives. God bless.

In the love of Christ,
greg

2 Comments:

At 6/12/08, 8:02 AM, Blogger DannyG said...

And it's not just in the big, obvious things. This week the AC on the new van started having "issues". Bad enough, but we have a Marrow Drive in Knoxville on Friday. (J) doesn't do well without AC. How I react has changed mardedly as I've matured in the faith. I'm not mad, I've just made alternate plans. If the mechanic can't get the van fixed today I'm going to rent a vehicle for the weekend. I'm learning to accept grace in the face of pressure. And it does make life much better.

 
At 6/12/08, 8:11 AM, Blogger Greg Hazelrig said...

Thank you for sharing that. I agree. I can see where I don't get as upset when everything comes at me at once. But it's only because of my growing in God's grace and learning from Him. God bless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home