Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Thought of the Day !!

O God, you are my God,
earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you,
my body longs for you,
in a dry and weary land
where there is no water.
Psalm 63:1 (NIV)

Have you ever had a day that just made you feel dry and weary?

We had some rain here recently. But before that, we'd gone through several dry weeks. My grass was brown, and nothing was growing except the weeds in my yard.

Sometimes I feel just like my yard has looked lately. It's not that there's a major crisis in my life. It's just that it can become ho-hum at times. The daily routine might become a daily grind. I might see more ugliness than beauty in God's creation. My prayer life at times has all but ceased without me even realizing it. My bible would be beginning to collect dust. And there are times when I have just seemed dry on the inside.

Just like the weeds in my yard, the only thing that seemed to grow in me was what was not welcome; things like doubt, laziness, being content with less than what I was created for.

Have you ever been there? Some people might call it a rut. Others might call it burn-out and claim that they just need a break. I believe it's a spiritual drought where we've forgotten what's most important in life. But the good news is that He hasn't forgotten us. For just like the rain that came this past weekend here, God's Holy Spirit can flood down on us and green us up. He can lift our spirits and make us anew.

Become desperate for God, seeking Him constantly, listening for Him around every corner. And these times of drought will either come less often, or will not last as long. For the Bible says if we will seek, we will find. God bless you as you seek God today.

In the love of Christ,
greg

1 Comments:

At 8/7/08, 7:34 AM, Blogger TN Rambler said...

Our God is an awesome God who stands by us and with us through all of the stuff that life throws at us. Thanks be to God.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home