Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thought of the Day !!

As he (Saul) was nearing Damascus on this mission (persecution of the followers of Jesus), a brilliant light from heaven suddenly beamed down up on him! He fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, "Saul! Saul! Why are you persecuting me?"

"Who are you, sir?" Saul asked.

And the voice replied, "I am Jesus, the one you are persecuting! Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you are to do."
Acts 9:3-5 (NLT)

Two separate thoughts today...or more like two separate questions to ponder:

1) When Saul was persecuting the early believers, he was doing so without even knowing this Jesus that they were following. Question one today is simply, "Do we?" Do we really know the Jesus that we follow, or have we just heard about him? Please don't dismiss this question with a quick "yes, I know him". If the answer is to the positive, you might follow it up with questions like, "Just how well do I know him ?" or "Do I know him as well as he would like?" or "Do I know him as well as I would like?" or "Have I neglected to honestly get to know him as well as I know myself?"

2) Paul persecuted people he really knew nothing much about. He thought he knew that they were misled and that they were causing problems with his organized religion. And this was the basis of his persecution. The question for us today is simply, "Who might we be persecuting...or judging...without really knowing them?"

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home