Friday, November 05, 2010

Thought of the Day !!

Each person should judge his own actions and not compare himself with others. Then he can be proud for what he himself has done.
Galatians 6:4 (NCV)


It's easy to judge others. It's much harder judging ourselves. So how do we do this. Should we look to a friend, a neighbor, a mentor, a pastor? Do we gauge how well we're doing by others? If so, I say gauge yourself by someone like Mother Teresa and see how you stack up instead of the old friend from high school that's been in and out of jail and marriage. I bet you'll get different results. Ha ha!

Seriously though, others can be good role models for us. My dear departed friend, Wayne McCord, had a heart for people and tolerated so much that I do wish I could be more like he was. And I thank my God for placing Wayne in my midst to influence me. But should I compare myself to Wayne? No. I can learn from Wayne and his witness, but when I judge myself it should be by what I hold true in the Scriptures.

Jesus is ultimately the one that we should model. Will we live up to his example? Probably not. But as long as we're trying, God is happy. So if I'm going to compare my life, my lifestyle, my actions, my thoughts, etc. to anyone, it should be to Jesus. And then I can remember that Jesus grades me on a curve, so that I don't have to be perfect. I must simply strive to be. Then I can be proud of what I've done.

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home