Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thought of the Day !!

I dug this up out of my archives and wanted to resend as a "Thought of the Day !!". This is coming early because I've got a busy morning tomorrow and will be heading home after lunch. Ya'll have a Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving, and I'll be back posting the devotions after the Thanksgiving weekend.

In the love of Christ,
greg



I've been listening to a Casting Crowns song entitled "And Now My Lifesong Sings". It's a slower song of prayer to God. You can check it out on YouTube at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx1_7gfCy38

And Now My Lifesong Sings by Casting Crowns

I once was lost, but now I'm found
I once was lost, but now I'm found
So far away, but I'm home now
I once was lost, but now I'm found
And now my lifesong sings

I once was blind, but now I see
I once was blind, but now I see
I don't know how, but when He touched me
I once was blind, but now I see

And now my lifesong sings
And now my lifesong sings
And now my lifesong sings

I once was dead, but now I live
I once was dead, but now I live
Now my life to You I give
Now my life to You I give
Now my life to You I give

Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Let my lifesong sing to You


"I once was lost, but now am found". Sound familiar? Sound like Amazing Grace? Sound like what happened in your life? Sound like something you would like to happen in your life?

I once lived a totally dedicated life. The problem was that it was dedicated to myself. I didn't know it at the time. I didn't understand what it meant to be lost. But lost is the best way to describe just where I was.

God had been calling out to me, but I just hadn't really listened. I believed in a God and a Jesus because surely they wouldn't lie to me in Sunday school when I was little. But I didn't know that God wanted me to have this close connection with me. I didn't know that Jesus wanted to abide in me and be not only my Savior and Lord, but also my friend.

I was lost, but finally God's call connected. And I was found. I hope that many of you have a similar story…about being found I mean. And if you're still in the lostness, know that God doesn't give up…even if we think we've given up in Him. He loves us so much that the bible tells us "…He gave His only begotten Son, that whosever believes in Him, shall not perish."

But as the song goes, that's only half the story. When we are found; when we're no longer dead, but alive, we are to give our lives to Him. He doesn't want our lives to rule like Kings of old who took control by force. He wants to rule our lives like someone who truly cares for us. He wants to see us succeed. He wants to show us His peace and mercy and love. And He wants us to live our lives sharing these things with others. This is what it means to be a Christian.

So how about it, huh? What kind of song will your lifesong sing?

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home