Monday, December 13, 2010

Thought of the Day !!

Mary responded,
"Oh, how my soul praises the Lord.
How my spirit rejoices in God my Savior!
For he took notice of his lowly servant girl,
and from now on all generations will call me blessed.
Luke 1:46-48 (NLT)


I wonder if this song had been bubbling up in Mary since she got the news that she was going to be the mother of God's Son? I wonder if she was about to explode to share this praise of her God with someone? After the angel Gabriel shares the good news about Jesus with her, she goes to her relative Elizabeth's house and lets loose with a song of praise.

Her praise is not just an outward thing. It comes from deep within. She states that her soul praises (or magnifies) the Lord.

Our praise to God must not only be lip service. You know what it’s like when someone’s trying to butter you up don’t you? Or maybe you’ve done it before. A person wants something and so they act real nice and shower someone with praises to get what he/she wants. Mary’s praise of God is not like that. It comes from deep down. In other words, she really means it.

When was the last time you burst out with a song of praise to God? It doesn't have to be sung, it can be prayed, spoken, or even shouted out to the heavens. Let’s sing praises to God in His sanctuary. Let’s offer praises to Jesus before our holiday meals. Let’s praise the Holy Spirit's name in our family get-togethers, sharing how great He is with family and friends. Let’s praise the name of our Lord in checkout lines, gas stations, parties and everywhere we go.

Show others you’re not embarrassed of the name of Jesus this year as you praise His name. I think He’d like that gift this Christmas.

In the love of Christ,
greg

2 Comments:

At 12/19/10, 2:55 PM, Blogger Brian Vinson said...

This morning I was out running, and the song "How Great Thou Art" was on my iPod at the beginning of the run and then again at the end. It caused that same kind of spontaneous outpouring of song.

It started my day off on the right foot - and I've been singing all day long.

 
At 12/19/10, 4:25 PM, Blogger Greg Hazelrig said...

Yeah, whatever song I hear last will stick with me and that's a good one to sing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home