Monday, September 19, 2011

Thought of the Day !!

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.
Ephesians 4:29 (NAS)

Today I could complain about having to pull over on the side of the interstate because a mud flap had torn and was beating against the side of my truck. Or I could thank God that I have a reliable truck that now has matching sides where neither flap is attached anymore. I could complain about the cloudy day. Or I could enjoy the coolness of the air as I road to work with my window down. I could complain about how the internet connection this morning at the office is very slow for some reason. Or I could simply think about what all I hope to accomplish this day as I sit waiting for something to load.

Actually, we all need to be able to share unhealthy feelings with someone at times. We have to get some things out in the open so that they don't fester. And there are times when constructive criticism is needed. But so often people can simply allow negativity to rule their day, week or even lives. And when this happens, nothing helpful will come out because no one will want to listen.

A cheerful attitude can help others find joy in their day, whereas an ugly attitude with "unwholesome talk" can ruin people's days. Which do you think God prefers? Which is best for you and for those around you?

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home