Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thought of the Day !!

Why does God Love Me? I mean why would he care which decisions I make or if I'm on top of the world or at the bottom of the heap. I ask myself, "What makes me so special?" I know it's true that He loves me for as the song says, "The Bible tells me so." I can look to the Gospel of John to see that He loved me so much that He gave His only begotten Son for me. I can go to the Psalms and see these words written on the page, "For your unfailing love is as high as the heavens." (Psalm 57:10) I know He loves me, but why?

Does God love me because He created me? In part this is true. He loved all His creations in the beginning and made the claim that they were good. But I've made things that I really loved. I probably drew a picture when I was a kid that I loved, but would not have the same affection for it now. I might have grown tired of seeing it. Or maybe the decline of my love would be because it had become torn and faded, in imperfect shape. So does God love me simply because He made me. Maybe. But I believe that answer goes further than this.

Does God love me because I am good? Surely not because I am not always good. Isn't it true that even when I stray that He still loves me?

Maybe the answer is not in who I am, but who He is. God doesn't love us because of what we've done or even how we were created. The simple fact is that "God is love." (1 John 4:8) His love comes out of who He is. We don't define love and give those attributes to God. We look to God to define love.

So He loves me because that's Him. That's His essence. That's who He is and who I want to be like. I want to have that love in me so I can share it with others. Love is not given to be kept. It is given to be shared. God's love is inside of me. He loves me just because that's who He is, and He wants me to share it with others today. I hope I'm up to the task. How about you?

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home